Value, Quality & Service since 1980
- Cedar Falls Bandshell
- A showplace of art and sound, this sound system features
120° high frequency horns and horn loaded mid/bass cabinets.
- When I originally met with the architect, he had not
thought of a permanent sound system. I don't know if he thought that a
portable system would be dragged out for each event, or if the people on
stage would just shout to be heard
- We decided to extend the storage areas up to create towers
with little gazebos on top to hold the speakers.
- The original mixer was just 8 volume controls and was
soon replaced with a mixer having high and low tone controls on each channel
plus monitor send. Recently we have been using an iPad remote control mixer (MACKIE DL1608)
which has been much more effective.
- Wright 15SH
- EV EVX-150A
- Waverly Bandshell/Amphitheater
- Again the designers forgot the sound. We put (4) 15"
2-way powered speakers on poles on sides of the stage area. Though normally
not a choice for outdoor speakers, powered speakers were used because no
suitable place for amplifiers was designed in. Time will tell if this was
a wise chioce or not. 2 wireless system are permanently installed so that
users need only turn on the power and they can be heard. This is adequate
for the weekly band concerts and for larger events, an external mixer can
be connected to the system to run more channels plus monitors.